René M. Korper
- Owner and Managing Attorney
A successful litigator for over 21 years, Mr. Korper has focused primarily on the lemon law since 1996. He has extensive trial experience, including over 50 cases tried to jury verdict.
He also has considerable appellate experience – including, the published decision in Jiagbogu v. Mercedes-Benz USA, which successfully thwarted multiple efforts to diminish the remedies available to consumers under California’s lemon law, and, most recently, the decision in Mexia v. Rinker where the Court of Appeal significantly expanded the consumers rights under the implied warranty of merchantability.
Mr. Korper received a B.A. in Philosophy from the University of California, Los Angeles, and his J.D. from Southwestern University.
Areas Of Practice
- Lemon Law 80%
- Consumer Fraud Litigation 20%
- California, 1984
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1991
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 1991
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1991
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 1991
- U.S. District Court Western District of California, 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2008
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1991
- Southwestern University School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. - 1984
- University of California, Los Angeles, California
- B.A. - 1973
- Major: Philosophy
Professional Associations and Memberships