Experience You Can Rely On
Since 1996, attorney René Korper has fought to protect the rights of consumers and obtain fair compensation for defective products. He has won numerous trials and appeals and obtained refunds for hundreds of clients. Our practice is devoted exclusively to lemon law and consumer fraud litigation.
Mr. Korper is well-known and highly respected by the attorneys for each manufacturer due to his expertise and professionalism. In a lemon law case, you may be in a lawsuit against a company with billions of dollars in resources. Having the right attorney on your side can make all the difference.
René M. Korper — Owner And Managing Attorney
Our three-attorney team works together on every case. We pride ourselves on quality service and thoughtful attention to each client’s best interests. Contact us to learn more or to schedule a free consultation.
Mr. Korper is a leading consumer rights attorney with more than 30 years of litigation experience. He has tried more than 75 cases to jury verdict and argued several cases on appeal. He is responsible for some of the most important changes to the law in recent years, through published decisions in the cases of Jiagbogu v. Mercedes-Benz and Mexia v. Rinker Boat Co . The precedents set in those cases have strengthened the rights of every consumer in California.
- State of California, 1984
- United States District Court, Central District of California, 1991
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California, 1991
- United States District Court, Northern District of California, 1991
- United States District Court, Southern District of California, 1991
- United States District Court, Western District of California, 1991
- United States Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit, 2008
- Southwestern University School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. — 1984
- University of California at Los Angeles, California
- B.A. (Philosophy) — 1973
Thomas E. Solmer — Associate Attorney
Mr. Solmer joined the firm in June of 2014. He is an experienced litigation attorney who previously operated his own general law practice in Faribault, Minnesota, and served as a judicial law clerk in the district courts.
- State of California, 2013
- United States District Court, Central District of California, 2014
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- J.D. — 2008
- New York University, Tisch School of the Arts
- BFA (Film and Television) — 2002
Michael D. Peterson – Associate Attorney
Mr. Peterson began his career in private practice as a civil attorney, practicing throughout Southern California. After several successful years in private practice, Mr. Peterson joined The Law Offices of René Korper. Since joining the firm, Mr. Peterson has devoted himself to the protection of consumer rights from powerful entities, and opportunistic people who may otherwise take advantage of consumers.
- State Bar of California
- United States District for the Court Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- Ventura County Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Ventura College of Law
- J.D. — 2012
- California State University Dominguez Hills
- Certified DRPA Mediator — 2009
Schedule a free consultation today. When meeting with you, we will answer all of your questions. Our goal is enforcement of your consumer rights. Contact us at 661-362-0728 to meet with our Valencia attorneys. We will arrange to meet with you at a convenient location. We provide English, Spanish and German language services.
There will be no retainer fee.